Inquiry

My amazing colleagues and I teaching our Disney Music Workshop.

“There’s a terrific power to music. You can run any of these pictures and they’d be dragging and boring, but the minute you put music behind them, they have life and vitality they don’t get any other way.”- Walt Disney

My goal as a music educator is provide my students with as many positive and meaningful experiences in and outside of the classroom. For this reason, it’s important to continue to develop my own skills as both an educator and as a musician. It’s through workshops like these that allow me to collaborate with my peers and share creative ideas.

Questions for Success:

As a teacher, it is imperative to be continually reflecting on my own teaching practice and the needs of my students. These are questions that I will keep at the fore front for the rest of my career. 

• What do I need to do in order to help my students success and achieve their best?
  • What can I do to integrate multimedia and technology into the classroom in an effective and meaningful manner?
  • How can I continuously improve my own teaching and musical skills to best serve my students?
  • What techniques are available to build and foster a caring community in the classroom in order to develop good citizens?
  • How can I engage my students in a positive manner and foster a love for life-long learning?
  • What have I learned about being a teacher and how does that help me engage with my students?
  • What are challenges that I’ve faced and how have I overcome them?

Of course, these are just a few of several questions I would ask myself, but this also marks the beginning of a long journey through education. My students are my best teachers and I will learn from them and my own mistakes. I will strive to do my best, continue to grown and involve the community in all that I do as a teacher.