Posted by: | 2nd Dec, 2010

The “Naked” Chef

When the class had a discussion on entrepreneurship, the name Jamie Oliver came to mind.

In my opinion, Jamie Oliver can be an example of an entrepreneur, and a very successful one. He developed recipes that become cook books, and developed cook books that lead to his own TV show, and from having his own TV show into owning restaurants around the globe.

An entrepreneur – according to my understanding does not have to be a person who developed sophisticated ideas. An entrepreneur for me is a person that could make a lucrative business using simple and yet very attractive concept.

What made Jamie Oliver stood out from the other renown chef is his ability to create and meeting the current demand in the market. Somehow Jamie managed to turn dishes that are using day-to-day ingredients into a very distinguished dish.

He did not make dishes as sophisticated as Ferran Adria, but somehow he managed to attract a lot of customer into buying his products.

His ideas are very simple. He has become a very important in this modern society as the person who influence others on how easy cooking really is.

Jamie is a person that defines what entrepreneur is.

Leave a response

Your response: