Posted by: | 17th Mar, 2011

Comm 299

Over the past 3 months or so I have learned how the job application system works. It’s not only about searching for available jobs in the market but also the process to be able to get the job interview.

In comm 299, I learned how to make a professional job CV and cover letter. Before, I have no background on how to write a cover letter, in fact, I don’t even know what a cover letter really is until the Professors and TAs in comm 299 taught me what it is and how to create one.

As far as I’m concern, I think that this subject has taught me the most important lesson in life, and that is people are not going to wait for you. The result was that I missed my job interview even thought I did not miss the dead-line. However, the bottom line is that in 3 to 4 years from now, I will be applying for various job vacancies. But those people will not be waiting for me to submit my application. There will be thousands and thousands of people applying for the job that I want, and whoever goes first, will get the job interview.

Leave a response

Your response: