About Me

Hello,

My name is Emma Cunningham and I am currently a Geospatial Data Analyst working in Vancouver, BC. I graduated from the Master of Geomatics (MGEM) Program at the University of British Columbia in May 2019 and have been building my career in GIS and Remote Sensing ever since. Prior to completing the MGEM program, I received my bachelors degree in Natural Resources Conservation from the UBC Faculty of Forestry. I majored in Science and Management and graduated with both Honours and Co-op designations. Throughout my undergrad I was introduced to geospatial applications through both coursework and co-op positions, and thus my passion for geomatics was born.

Since graduating from UBC, I have started my professional career with my current employer – TRE-Altamira – where we work primarily with InSAR data. InSAR (a fancy way of saying satellite radar data) can be used to measure ground movement from space and has applications largely within Oil & Gas, Mining, Natural Hazards and Civil Engineering sectors.

In my free time, I’m an avid skier, mountain biker, hiker and FPV drone pilot. I enjoy spending as much time outdoors as possible and my hope is to one day incorporate my passion for the outdoors into my career as a geospatial data analyst.

The main purpose of this site is to showcase some of my recent work related to geomatics and to highlight my experience with GIS, remote sensing and spatial data analyses (note that any work showcased on this site is either owned by myself or is publicly available).