Meet ‘n Greet

Welcome to my blog – Emma on Exchange! I am so excited to be sharing my Denmark exchange experience with you. I have been looking forward to this for many months now.

Why Denmark?

I’ve been hearing about Denmark for ages from my best friend Marcia (hi Marcia!) and for years have been wanting to visit ‘the happiest city in the world.’ Additionally, Denmark is one of the most sustainable places in the world and I want to learn what I can from it.

A little bit about me:Drinks on the Beach, Cannes
– I am a Seattle-ite finishing up my fourth year at UBC studying marketing and sustainability.
– I am a food aficionado.
– I love classical literature and will never travel without a book.
– I am a Harry Potter nerd (and could debate Snape with you for hours).

I’m thrilled have the opportunity and the space to share my exchange and travel-related thoughts with you. I hope you enjoy my future ramblings, travel reflections, book reviews and thoughts.

Cheers,
Emma

2 thoughts on “Meet ‘n Greet”

1. Cool blog! I’m glad I found this. What are the differences between UBC’s course structure and CBS’s? I’m actually a Canadian student at CBS, but I’m doing the entire bachelor degree instead of just going for exchange.

1. Hi Francisco! Thanks for the comment! It’s hard to say for certain about the entire program because I was only at CBS for a term but looking at the individual courses and comparing them to Sauder:
      – Sauder’s program focuses much more on applying learnings whereas CBS seemed to focus more on just the content.
      – Lectures are much more interactive at Sauder than at CBS. Discussion based courses are much more common and students are really encouraged to engage with each other and with professors.
      – Smaller class sizes from the start – I was really shocked that even in my upper year courses CBS had such large class sizes.