Saying My Goodbyes

It’s been 4.5 months, 76 Instagram photos, 9 countries, and 16 blog posts (so far) since I left for Denmark from Seattle. All too quickly, I’m heading back to Vancouver for my FINAL TERM of undergrad (when did that happen?!).

We hope you will remember this fall semester, not only for CBS and Copenhagen, but for the people you will have met. A group of people who will never again be found in one place. A group of people who hopefully will be your friends for life.

This was the quote that CBS opened with when I attended my very first orientation seminar. I hate thinking about how many ‘goodbyes’ I’ve had to say in such a short time but I couldn’t have asked for a better exchange experience or better people to spend it with. A huge ‘THANK YOU’ and ‘I MISS YOU’ to all of you – you know who you are. You made Denmark feel like home these past few months.

Since I’ve essentially been MIA the last few months, I’ve created a list of reflections to sum up my experiences:

Without further ado…
Reflections From My Exchange Experience: 

1. Spending a term abroad is ideal in terms of perfecting your ‘insta aesthetic’ and learning the best camera angles for everything.
  2. Danish is ridiculously hard to learn.
  3. When wielded properly, selfie sticks are surprisingly useful – especially for solo travel (s/o to Haley for teaching me that one).
  4. But never go anywhere without your camera… or Google Maps for that matter.
  5. Hygge is what dreams are made of (look it up or read my blog post).
  6. Hostels are a blessing for the money-strapped student traveler .
  7. Friendliest people I met in hostels: Americans, Australians, Canadians and Brits.
  8. Nobody does Christmas like the Danes.
  9. Europeans will forever dress better than me (but I will keep trying).
  10. It’s amazing how close you can get to people in such a short time – a huge THANK YOU & I MISS YOU ALREADY to all the friends I made. You made Denmark feel like home for the last half year.
  11. Despite it all, I would still choose to live in the Pacific Northwest over almost anywhere else in the world.

I’m so thankful that I was able to experience the last half year and I’m so excited for what’s to come in the next year – hopefully lots of skiing and hiking, more travels and a personal blog (stay tuned). 

XOXO,
Emma