Email to Writing Team Members

From: Jonathan Ho <jonathho@student.ubc.ca>
To: Ashley Yuan <yuanashl@student.ubc.ca>
Subject: ENGL301 99A Professional Writing Team
Date: September 22, 2020

Dear Ashley,

It would be my pleasure to join your professional writing team.

I have read through your application letter and completely agree with your reasoning. Our mutual interest in using technology to supplement our initial topics of study bodes well for a team that will work together to improve. Additionally, I believe your experience in mentoring and ability to work well in a team setting will be beneficial to the team you assemble.

I eagerly await the opportunity to work with you and your team this coming term.

All the best,
Jonathan Ho

To: Mila Tung <yung.99@alumni.ubc.ca>
Date: September 22, 2020

Dear Mila Tung,

I am writing to invite you to be a part of a professional writing team.

Having read both your application letter and biography, I believe you would make for an excellent team member. Your experience as an English instructor is unique and will unquestionably serve as a major asset in a writing team where peer editing and reviews are frequent. Likewise, your expertise in critically reading, analyzing and writing papers as part of your coursework is seen as a large benefit. Having also been a part of the Biology program at UBC, it is possible that the flaws in our writing may be similar, and finding those will aid in developing stronger written and communicative skills for both of us.

Included in this email is a copy of my application letter and I also encourage you to take a look at my blog if you are interested. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me using this email. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Jonathan Ho

301 Jonathan Ho Application Letter

To: Jen Deluz <jksdeluz@student.ubc.ca>
Date: September 22, 2020

Dear Jen Deluz,

Having read both your application letter and biography, I believe you would make for an excellent team member. Your professional experience across a variety of positions has undoubtedly allowed for your development of strong communication and writing skills. Additionally, your skill-set of time management, prioritization, punctuality, diligence and strong work ethic will be an incredible asset to the team. I am also a believer in learning from any and all situations; thus, I hope that the learning we share this term far exceeds communication and writing skills.

Best,
Jonathan Ho

301 Jonathan Ho Application Letter