Business Letters – Connor Runnalls

Letter #1 – Complaint

Connor Runnalls

3952 W 22nd Ave

Vancouver, B.C. V6S1K1

November 27th, 2019

RK Door Solutions

Locksmith Vancouver

(Address Not Provided)

Vancouver, B.C. V5Z 1E7

Dear management of RK Door Solutions,

I am writing to report a complaint that arose from a service provided on November 24th, 2019, between the hours of 3:30 and 4 PM.

I had called in an hour and a half prior to the arrival of your employee Omri. I was actually quite delighted by how quickly he was able to come and help unlock my bedroom door after I had locked my keys inside. With that said, when talking to your employee on the phone, I was assured the cost would be the $29 service fee with a $45 per hour fee added. Upon Omri’s arrival, I was notified that the cost would be $90. I was confused, but also desperate to get into my room as I was in a hurry.

Unfortunately, I have yet to receive any form of an invoice from the service and do not have the invoice number. However, I would appreciate clarification as to why I was told the service would be half the price it ended up being, and if there is any sort of compensation that can be reached. Based on reviews, it appears as though this is not the first time that your services have been estimated at $45 and then charged otherwise at higher prices. I would like a return on the $45 as estimated by your employee. I feel as though that is reasonable, and would not like full compensation for the 90+ as your company did a fantastic job otherwise.

I am very grateful for the prompt service. However, it would be helpful if your website listed a general quote for specific services in order to help avoid these types of miscommunication. Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter, I hope a resolution to this complaint can be arrived at seamlessly.

Sincerely,

Connor Runnalls

Bad News Adjustment Letter

RK Door Solutions

Locksmith Vancouver

Vancouver, B.C. V5Z 1E7

November 27, 2019

Connor Runnalls

3952 W 22nd Ave

Vancouver, B.C. V6S1K1

Dear Mr. Runnalls,

Thank you for your email with regards to this issue. We are pleased to hear that aside from the complaint, your overall experience with our company was positive. In addition, we apologize for the miscommunication that led to your complaint.

As noted in your written complaint, our base rates for services do start at $45, and range in wide varieties based on the situation. Unfortunately, it is more challenging to provide anything more than a broad estimate as it is context-bound, and depends on the processes required for resolving the issue at hand. Our standard rate for lock picking, as required in your circumstance, is $90. We understand the aggravating nature of such miscommunications, and while we try to limit these forms of miscommunication as much as possible, they are bound to occur when asked to provide an estimate by customers. This is due to the differences in required solutions that can only be fully evaluated upon arrival.

We do value our customer satisfaction, and the insight provided. As such, we at RK Door Solutions would like to propose the following compromise. We would be willing to provide the full $45 compensation on the condition of a written review of your positive experience.
Thank you for reaching out. We hope that you will strongly consider this offer as it is important for us to maintain positive relations with our customers. We are proud of the diligent and efficient services provided to help our customers in situations similar to yours and will do everything we can to ensure a positive experience. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email back at john@Rkdoorsolutions.com

Sincerely,

John Doe.