Business letters

Huntley Bain

2329 W6th Ave

Vancouver, B.C. V7J 4A3

December 5th, 2019

Burgoo

1100 Burrard Street

Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2K2

Subject: Complaint against unsatisfactory service and quality of food

Dear Burgoo Management,

I went to your Main Street location on November 28th with a close friend who was visiting from out of town. I have always told her how much I love your establishment and how great the food is but when we went together, this was not the case.

It was a busy day but that does not excuse the fact that it took us 15 minutes to even look at a menu or talk to a waiter to get some water. This gave us the impression that you did not value our time. Vancouver has many great restaurants so I could have gone to any of them but I chose to go to yours.

After getting our order taken it took another 45 minutes to get our food and when we got it we were not satisfied. The food was cold and no where near the same level as it normally is. I expressed my feelings to the manager and all they could offer was saying “sorry it is a busy day”

After this encounter I would not recommend your establishment to any of my friends.

Sincerely,

Huntley Bain

Burgoo

1100 Burrard Street

Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2K2

December 5th, 2019

Huntley Bain

2329 W6th Ave

Vancouver, B.C. V7J 4A3

Dear Ms. Bain

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at Burgoo. We strive to have the best comfort food and service and this sounds like an uncomfortable situation.

As you know, from previous experiences, this is not our normal service. After reading your complaint, I have spoken with the management staff there as well as the kitchen staff to ensure this does not happen again. Even if it does, the way it should be handle is completely different.

I hope you will accept the giftcard of $50 included in this letter. Thank you for your continued support to our restaurant and I hope this one bad experience does not deter you in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at heatherjoan@burgoo.ca

Best,

Heather Joan