Formal Report Proposal Peer Review

To: Annie Maurer

From: Ishaan Vora

Date: October 21, 2020

Subject: Peer review of Formal Research Proposal: Implementation of Pedestrian Light at the Intersection of Chesterfield and 17th in North Vancouver

Thank you for submitting your formal report proposal that showcases a concern for pedestrian safety and thus should implement a pedestrian light at the proposed intersection. This proposal communicates the issue in a precise manner. Its scope delves into multiple insights that strengthen your argument and provides coherency in your writing. 

First Impressions

Well-formatted proposal with clear sections and appropriate diction. The topic was well thought of showed direct engagement with you. 

Organization

The headings made it easy to read and interpret your proposal. The work is well-organized and neat. 

Introduction

The introduction gave a vivid understanding of the increasing population and city densification. You have established the region of your problem and allows for a coherent reading of a proposal. 

Statement of Problem

The statement provides a detailed outline of the problem that consists for pedestrians. By effectively describing the rise in traffic, it further adds to a better understanding of the problem. A recommendation would be to state if this problem was recurring throughout a day or at certain time periods like peak hours.

Proposed Solution

The solution is apt which will cogently neutralize the problem. While it could seem tedious in dealing with governmental departments, the problem necessitates the need for a solution, which you clearly demonstrate.

Scope

The questions are well-defined and allow for the understanding of internal and external factors that need to be taken into consideration. 

Methods

Your method uses a primary data approach and clearly shows how you will accumulate this data. It is impressive to notice your need to understand perspectives from both, a pedestrian and a driver while determining an appropriate solution. I would recommend looking into secondary research to know if there are any current complaints about this problem and/or how the government deals with such issues.

Concluding Comments

After reading your research proposal, I have gained a good understanding of your problem and an effective solution you proposed. By providing first-hand knowledge, you strengthen the scope of your proposal. As a reader who wouldn’t know of such an issue, the coherency with which you have written has made me more knowledgeable about such an issue. 

I hope my suggestions can help you during your revision process, please let me know if you need any clarifications or have any additional questions.