Assignment 3.1 Complaint & Bad News Letters

Complaint Letter:

2101 W 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 1N7
November 26, 2020 

Dear Manager, 

Yesterday evening I purchased a Large athletic shirt from this Nike Store. I love your products and, more specifically, your location. I shop here all the time! After getting home and taking the tags off the shirt, I noticed a small hole towards the bottom. This was not something that I noticed while in the store, and when I reached out to customer service, I was told that due to the tags being removed I would not be able to return it. I understand that this policy is put in place to avoid individuals purchasing and wearing clothes with the intent of returning them. In this case, however, I have a receipt showing that I just purchased the item. 

I’ve always had a great experience at your store, and have been a customer for an extended period of time. Nonetheless, I’m disappointed at how this situation was handled. I was sold a damaged product, and was told that I was not able to get a refund because I took the tags off before wearing the shirt for the first time. So, i’m reaching out to you in the hopes that you can provide me my money back. 

I look forward to continuing my shopping at your location after this situation is resolved. Please feel free to reach back out with any questions at evanfruiz@gmail.com. I appreciate your time!

Best, 

Evan Ruiz

Bad News Letter:

2101 W 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 1N7
November 26, 2020 

Dear Mr. Ruiz, 

Thank you for being a loyal customer. It’s great to hear that you’ve, consistently, had a good experience at our location. We take pride in the quality of our products and our customer service. I’m sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I will allow you to exchange your shirt at your earliest convenience. Due to the tags being removed, however, I am not able to offer a refund on the shirt. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you’ve experienced!

As it is against Nike’s policy to refund shirts after the tags have been removed, please make sure to bring the damaged shirt back to our location. We will have a replacement waiting for you! Please feel free to email me back at nikestoremanager.com with any questions or concerns you might have. 

Warm regards, 

Manager