Assignment 3.1 Bad News Complaint Letter

November 27th, 2020

Mr. Tony Yu, customer Service Manager

701 W Georgia St, Vancouver

BC V7Y 1G5

Product Quality Issue

Hi Tony,

I have purchased a pair of earrings at the APM store in Pacific Centre last week, however, the pearl fell off from the earrings after I wore it two times.  I went to the store this Monday, brought my receipt and my damaged earrings, and asking for a new one. The salesman who greeted me rejected my request, hence I asked her if I can repair the damaged one for free, and she said there’s no such service. This is not the first time I purchase jewelry at your store, and I believe the customer can exchange a low-quality product for a new one, or return the product and get another product for the same price.

I would like an explanation from you of why such an after-sale service canceled.

Shujun Peng

Email: Shujunpengschool@gmail.com

Phone: 778-123-4567

#2 Bad News Adjustment Letter

November 28, 2020

Ms. Shujun Peng

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

RE: Product Quality Issue

Dear Shujun,

Thank you for contacting us about the problem. Your feedback is much appreciated.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the salesman’s mistake to not inform you about the earrings’ after-sales service. Unlike necklaces or rings, earrings belong to the type of jewelry that cannot be exchanged or replaced, simply because of hygiene issues. Therefore, they are final sales. Secondly, it is believed that the salesman would inform you which products are final sales at the moment of your purchase if you were not informed when you were purchasing the earrings, I would like to offer an apology.

Best Regards,

Tony Yu

Manager, Customer service.