Assignment 3.1 – Business Letters

2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

November 26, 2020

Best Buy
6200 McKay Ave, Unit 200
Burnaby, BC V5H 4L7

Attention: Customer Service Department

Best Buy has been a reliable consumer electronics retail for decades; however, my most recent experience was less than desirable.

On November 1, I ordered a Samsung S24R350 23.8” 1920×1080 75Hz monitor with an estimated delivery date of November 8.

The order arrived on November 20. Upon opening the package, I noticed the monitor was a Samsung S22E200B, different from the S24R350 I ordered.

For verification, my order number is NNNNNNNNNNN and receipt number is NNNNNNNNN. If possible, I would like to return this monitor and pick up the monitor I purchased within the next couple days.

Respectfully,

Jonathan Ho (Signature)

Jonathan Ho

Best Buy
6200 McKay Ave, Unit 200
Burnaby, BC V5H 4L7

November 27, 2020

Mr. Jonathan Ho
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Mr. Jonathan Ho,

We deeply apologize for both the delay and error in delivery. We generally do not send our customers incorrect products, but that can sometimes happen. The past month has seen record highs in product demand and our inventory staff are working hard to match that pace.

Due to the high demand, all Samsung S24R350s were cleared out of our inventory and remaining orders are currently backordered. Additional stock of the monitors should be arriving within 14 days and we will notify and set one aside for you to pickup at your convenience.

In the meantime, feel free to use the monitor sent to you until the correct one is ready for pickup. Furthermore, we have enclosed a $50 gift card for Best Buy which you can apply to your next purchase.

We hope that you continue to find our products and service valuable.

Sincerely,

John Smith (Signature)

John Smith
Customer Service Representative

Enclosure: $50 Gift Card