Business Letters

Complaint Letter

341 19th Street West
North Vancouver, BC V7M 1V6

November 27, 2020

Canadian Tire Customer Service
Mamquam Road
Squamish, BC V8B 0H5

Dear Customer Service Representative,

I am a long time Canadian Tire customer and I appreciate the wide range of goods you bring to Canadians at affordable prices. My positive experience at Canadian Tire stores brings me back again and again.

Several days ago, I purchased the Mastercraft Drill Press with LED. I travelled an hour from my home to purchase this item from the Squamish store. I organized my schedule to complete a project using this tool the next day and took time off work. Upon opening the box, it became apparent that the tool was used and it was also missing key parts. The tool was dirty and sawdust covered the inside of the box. I am appalled that an item of this quality can be sold as new from a store shelf.

I am requesting a replacement at a discounted cost due to the inconvenience this has caused. I understand that Canadian Tire prides itself on customer service and I am looking forward to how this situation can be resolved.

Regards,

<signature here>

Annie Maurer

______________________________________________________________________________________

Bad News Adjustment Letter

1851 Mamquam Road
Squamish, BC V8B 0H5

November 27, 2020

Ms. Annie Maurer
19th Street West
North Vancouver, BC V7M 1V6

Dear Ms. Maurer

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us at Canadian Tire customer service. Your commitment to this store is valued and your comments regarding product selection are appreciated.

As you may know, Canadian Tire has a generous return policy that enables customer to return products for up to 90 days. Given the vast range of products carried, occasionally a returned product in poor condition is mistakenly placed back on the shelf. I am very sorry this happened to you. At this moment, there are no more Mastercraft Drill Press with LED’s in stock at any Canadian Tire store. The Mastercraft Drill Press will be re-stocked in the New Year. Given that, there is a highly reviewed Ryobi Drill Press in stock currently that you could purchase with a 10% reduction on price. This will allow you to continue on your woodworking projects right away.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Canadian Tire. Please browse our website to see the wide selection of tools on sale for Black Friday. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally.

Kind Regards,

<signature here>

Monica Best
Canadian Tire Customer Service Representative