Unit 3.1: Two Business Letters

Letter #1 – Complaint

November 27, 2020

Aleem Tariq
19 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V7L2J9

Amazon Customer Service
510 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6B0M3

Dear Amazon customer services,

I have regularly made use of Amazon’s services in the purchase and delivery of several foodstuffs over the past few years. My experience has been remarkable, ranging from product quality to customer services and delivery time.

However, several days ago I ordered a crate of JPOP alcoholic soda from abroad, and upon arriving, noticed that several of the bottles burst. The remaining bottles have their caps stuck by the dried beverage, and I am unable to remove them from the box.

I understand that the product itself is from a local company and that Amazon is only responsible for delivery. However, as a customer, I request a full refund on this product. I have enclosed several pictures of the burst bottles, as well as the order tracking number. I look forward to a favourable reply and hope to continue using Amazon in the future.

Kindest regards,

Aleem Tariq

Encl. photos

Letter #2 – Bad News Letter

November 29, 2020
Amazon Customer Service
510 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6B0M3

Aleem Tariq
19 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V7L2J9

Dear Mr. Tariq,

Thank you for your email, we are pleased to hear that aside from the complaint, your experience with our company has been positive.

As per the request, we have looked into the enclosed pictures, and apologize for this inconvenience. However, we regret to inform you that a refund cannot be offered, as our services are largely restricted to delivery, and such a refund would have to be obtained from the company that produces this product.

However, we are deeply grateful for your patronage. We offer full prime delivery of this same product at no cost and will check the integrity of the product at our facility and during delivery to avoid this same inconvenience. We have enclosed the tracking number of the order.

Thank you for reaching out, we value input from all our customers. If you have any further questions about our products, feel free to contact me at john.doe@amazon.ca.

Yours truly,

John Doe

Amazon Customer Service

Encl. tracking order