Assignment 3:1 – Two Business Letters

Letter #1 – Complaint Letter

November 27, 2020

Eugenia Fasciani
2525 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Amazon Corporate Headquarters
410 Terry Ave. North,
Seattle, WA 98109

Dear Amazon Customer Service Team,

Re: Exchange Request for Order #5566778899

My name is Eugenia Fasciani and I have been a loyal Amazon customer for the past five years. I have always appreciated Amazon’s ability to offer a wide selection of products at a reasonable price. In the past, I have had a positive experience with exchanging items that were defective.

On November 18th, I placed an order (#5566778899) for a white Pendleton Glacier National Park wool blanket that was meant to be an birthday gift for my sister. While the blanket was delivered on the date that was promised (November 25), the blanket that was delivered was the wrong colour. Instead of being white, the blanket was black. My sister’s birthday is on December 11, and I will be devastated if I cannot present her with the appropriate gift by this time.

I am requesting that Amazon honour my exchange request with the same shipping speed that was used on the original item.

For your reference, I am enclosing the original receipt.

Thank you,

Eugenia Fasciani
UBC Student

Enclosure: Amazon Order Receipt #5566778899

Letter #2 – Adjustment Letter

November 28, 2020

Amazon Corporate Headquarters
410 Terry Ave. North,
Seattle, WA 98109

Eugenia Fasciani
2525 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Ms. Fasciani,

Thank you for your recent purchase and for being a loyal Amazon customer. Amazon is committed to providing quality service and support our customers. After a quick investigation, we noticed a processing error on our end that resulted in the wrong product being included as part of your order. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this incident has caused.

Amazon will honour your exchange request and will ship the new product within five business days of receiving the defective product. Amazon will also wave all of the shipping fees associated with this particular transaction. If you feel the need to do so, you may also request a full refund here.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact our support team and for your continued patience.  We have created a new transaction number #22334455 regarding your request. If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again using this reference number.

Warm regards,

Evenly Sharpe
Amazon Customer Service Agent