Memorandum – Rodrigo Samayoa Research Proposal

Memorandum

To: Dr. Erika Patterson, Professor – ENGL301
From: Rodrigo Samayoa, Student – ENGL301

October 14, 2020

Subject: Memo -Technical Writing Team Application

Professor Paterson,

As you have requested, I have posted the formal report proposal to my team’s forum. You can find it by clicking here or following the link at the bottom of the memo. 

In this proposal, I am outlining the research report I am hoping to write about engagement strategies for the Prince Rupert Rockfish Climbing Co-op. The co-op, which was formed a few years ago to build a new climbing gym in Prince Rupert, has run into the problem that it does not have enough membership to build and sustain the new gym. 

In this report, I am hoping to explore community engagement strategies from community organizing and social movement theory. As someone who has professional experience in community engagement and a passion for rock climbing, I am hoping to recommend strategies for the co-op to expand their community engagement to the wider Prince Rupert community. 

I am happy to answer any further questions you may have about the proposal.

Link to report proposal: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2020wa/2020/10/14/reasearch-proposal-how-to-increase-membership-size-and-engagement-for-the-rockfish-climbing-co-op/