Email Memo | Summary of Research Proposal

MEMO

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 Course Instructor
From: Mitchell Prost, ENGL 301 Student
Date: October 14, 2020
Subject: Summary of Research Proposal

Dear Dr. Patterson,

I am writing to provide you a summary of my Research Proposal posted to my team forum on October 14, 2020. You can find my Research Proposal by following this link.

My Research Proposal, titled “Proposal for Determining Feasibility of Altered Marketing Strategies and Executive Restructure for the UBC Residence Hall Association” will explore how the UBC Residence Hall Association (RHA) can improve its student engagement through marketing and improved efficiency of its executive structure. The RHA has issues with student engagement, particularly in upper year communities, and is further limited by its executive structure. 

In this Feasibility Study, I hope to explore how the RHA can improve its marketing strategies and executive structure to improve the student experience within UBC Student Housing. I will be conducting surveys, interviews, and will also be reviewing data stored in the UBC RHA’s archives, which I have access to as a current RHA Executive.

At the end of this feasibility study, I will hope to create a couple suggestions aimed at improving the RHA’s student engagement and executive structure. This feasibility study will be submitted to the RHA Cabinet for review and consideration once complete.