Assignment 2.2 – Best LinkedIn Practices Memorandum

Memorandum

To: Shujen Peng, Annie Muller, Members of the ENGL 301 99A Writing Team, The Bloomers
From: Ishaan Vora
Date: October 26th, 2020
Subject: Research on the Ten Best Linked-In Practices

As part of the ENGL 301 curriculum, I am writing to you all to share my top ten list of best LinkedIn practices which help in creating a professional profile. The list can be found below:

1. Upload a professional-looking picture of you. (Omoth)
  2. Write a headline that consists of keywords and experiences to help your profile stand out. (Omoth)
  3. Add past as well as present goals about yourself in the summary using crucial words. Also important to note what you can bring to a prospective employer. (Omoth)
  4. Expand your connection base by becoming a part of groups and threads along with commenting on other’s posts and/or directly reaching out to people. (UBC)
  5. Follow and connect with potential employees and businesses you have you are interested in working with. (Carter)
  6. Keep your profile updated with new experiences and opportunities you receive. (UBC)
  7. Ask for recommendations from firms and employees you have previously worked with. (Omoth)
  8. Appeal to future employers and potential connects by spotlighting your services and experiences. (Fleming)
  9. Publish written articles or blog posts which you’re passionate about and use them as conversation starters with professionals from similar fields. (Fleming)
  10. Keep your page active. (Omoth)

I believe these ten practices can help achieve a professional-looking LinkedIn profile and set you on the right path in your career. I hope these tips aid in building your LinkedIn profile and I look forward to connecting with you!

If there are any concerns, I would love to talk about them via email: ishaanvora45@gmail.com