Assignment 3:1 Two Business Letters

Letter 1 – Complaint Letter

November 27, 2020

Elton Kok
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Amazon Customer Service
40 King St West 47th floor
Toronto, ON M5H 4A9

Subject: Item arrived damaged

Dear Amazon Customer Services,

I have been using Amazon’s services for over half a decade now and I have been content with the amazing service and fast delivery from my many purchases. Amazon truly provides a wonderful shopping experience for customers around the world and makes their customers their utmost priority.

Recently, on November 20, 2020, I made a purchase for an MSI RTX 3080 graphics card. I checked the order tracking online and it stated the package was delivered today at noon. However, when I returned home, the box had visible signs of damage and when I opened the product, it was visibly damaged as well and did not work as a result. This is extremely disappointing as this product costs over a thousand dollars and should be treated with special care, especially since it is an expensive and fragile item.

It is surprising that a high value item like this could be delivered to a customer in this state and I demand a full refund. For reference, see the enclosure for pictures of the damaged box and item that I received. My order number is #1234AMAZON.

Thank you,

Signature

Elton Kok

Enclosure: Damaged BoxDamaged Graphic Card

Letter 2 – Bad News Adjustment Letter

November 28, 2020

John Smith, Amazon Customer Service Representative
40 King St West 47th floor
Toronto, ON M5H 4A9

Elton Kok
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

RE: Item arrived damaged

Dear Mr. Kok,

Thank you for contacting our customer service department for your issue. Your past online shopping experience at Amazon has been a great one and we are pleased to hear that. We are sincerely sorry to see what happened to your package and you will be glad to hear that we are investigating the issue.

Unfortunately at this time we cannot refund you the full price, however, we will continue our investigation into this incident. At Amazon, we strive to ensure our logistics process is robust and above all, we put your concerns and satisfaction first. Rest assured, if you choose to continue shopping with us, your packages will be taken great care of from the beginning of the logistics process, all the way to your front porch.

Thank you for reaching out to us at Amazon customer services. Your input and feedback is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration to improve our processes. Rest assured that your future shopping experiences at Amazon will continue to have amazing service, fast delivery, and prioritize keeping your packages safe.

Best regards,

Signature

John Smith
Amazon Customer Service Representative