Unit 3.1: Business Letters

Letter #1 – Complaint Letter

November 27, 2020
Richard Chen
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Memory Express
1900 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6J 1Z2

Dear Memory Express Sales Team,

My name is Richard Chen, I have been a customer of Memory Express for number of years since I first began building computers. When pre-orders for the new AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards, were announced I made sure to place my order as soon as registration opened. Upon placing the order, I received an email stating that I was in the 5th position of the queue.

However – on November 25th (launch day), I was quite surprised to find out that only did my order status remain as ‘pending’ and has been so for the past two days, there have been no further communications regarding the delay. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Memory Express in the past, but I must express my disappoint with the delay and absence of communication from Memory Express. As a result of the delay, the computer I am building relying on the RX 6000 graphics card is left in an unfinished and unusable state.

I am respectfully requesting that Memory Express fulfill the order within the next five business days.

Thank you,

Richard Chen

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Letter #2 – Letter of Adjustment

November 28, 2020
Memory Express
1900 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6J 1Z2

Richard Chen
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Mr. Chen,

Thank you for being a valued and loyal customer of Memory Express. Many of us on the ME team are also computer enthusiasts that can appreciate the variety of options you have when you shop for parts. We are thankful that you have continued to choose us as your first option over the years.

We have looked into your order and can confirm that you are in the fifth position of the pre-order queue for the AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards. We have heard your concerns regarding the delay in order fulfillment and are doing everything we can to fulfill orders as soon as possible. Due to limited supply and communication from the supplier, AMD, we have been seeking information regarding when we can expect shipments of the new series of cards to each of our stores. To date, we have yet to receive any of the RX 6000 Series at any of our stores and can empathize with your concerns.

You will be glad to hear that as of today, we have received communication from AMD and can expect a shipment of 15 RX 6000 Series graphics cards on December 11th. Although this is out of your desired timeframe of five business days, we will commit to providing timely updates as soon as we receive information from AMD. We will also continue to push AMD to provide shipments earlier if possible.

We thank you for your patience and loyalty as a customer of Memory Express. We have opened a support ticket #ME1564S detailing the situation to better facilitate future communications and follow-up. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us with the ticket reference and we will provide you with a timely response.

Kind regards,

Bob Ross
Memory Express Sales Agent