Peer Review of Samantha’s Definitions

Peer Review

Reviewer: Brianna Diogo

Author: Samantha Teeple

Title of Expanded Definition: Xerostomia

First Impressions: 

The definitions were concise and I was able to understand them on the first read-through. The definition was full of information and detail and I felt thoroughly informed. I would add some more specific titles, especially in the expanded definition portion, maybe using questions like “what is Xerostomia”? Etc. As well, I would add a few more sections detailing consequences if no treatment is sought, risks, etc. 

Purpose:

• The purpose of the document is incredibly clear, and it is made evident that these are different types of definitions. 
  • I would have liked to see a few more sections detailing a few other side effects or symptoms so that the definition could be more thorough and well rounded, but I think the purpose of the definition was clear and achieved. 

Organization:

• The organization of the document makes it easy to read and understand
  • I like that the photos are included at the end (right before the references), so as not to unnecessarily break up the document
  • The references are neatly laid out and easy to access if need be
  • If those extra sections that I mentioned above were added, they would most likely fit best under the definitions and before the photos that are already on the document

Final Impressions:

The definition is clear and concise and doesn’t overwhelm or confuse the audience. A few minor adjustments:

• Including one or two more sections
  • Expanding on section titles

Thank you for your definitions. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.