[Revised]Formal Report Proposal Memo : Chris Jung

MEMORANDUM

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 Professor
From: Chris Jung, ENGL 301 Student
Date: June 22, 2022
Subject: Summary of Formal Report Proposal

I have posted my formal report proposal for introducing an electronic queuing system for popular gym equipment at UBC Birdcoop Fitness Centre.

My research proposal contains the following:

• Audience Description – Darren Stolz, Facility & Equipment Coordinator of UBC Recreation Centre.
  • Introduction of Topic – Importance of UBC Recreation Centre for students and the recent shortage of the popular equipment in Birdcoop Fitness Centre.
  • Statement of Problem – Ineffectiveness of the traditional waiting system at Birdcoop Fitness Centre and the problems caused by it.
  • Proposed Solution – Introduce an electronic queuing system using a UBC card.
  • Scope – Acknowledgement of the problem, expected effect, kinds of popular equipment, estimated budget, and possible challenges.
  • Methods – Surveys, observations, and personal interviews with related staff.
  • My Qualifications – An active weightlifter for 3 years and a user of UBC Birdcoop Fitness Centre for the last 9 months.
  • Conclusion – Summary of the benefits of an electronic queuing system that would resolve the current problems in Birdcoop Fitness Centre’s queuing system.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Enclosure: Chris Jung ENGL301 Formal Research Proposal

Chris Jung ENGL301 Formal Research Proposal