Formal Report Proposal Email Memo: Tianxiang D

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL301 Professor

From: Dennis Tianxiang Deng

Date: June 22, 2022

MEMORANDUM

Subject: Proposal for Determining Cause and Impact of Expensive Student Housing at UBC

I am writing to inform you that my formal report proposal has now been posted to the “Error 404 Not Found” team page and is attached below. Please see the following list for the contents of the proposal:

• Introduction – Student Housing affordability is one of the most challenging issues students face nowadays.
  • Statement of Problem The  financial deficit UBC faces, and the lack of housing capacity on campus put a high pressure on the housing affordability, resulting in increase of the price every year.
  • Proposed Solutions Student Housing and Community Services should reach out to the government and look to expand accommodations; Use energy efficient approach to cut down power costs.
  • Scope of Questions – Perspectives of students, a review of the situation, possible solutions
  • Forms of Primary and Secondary Sources – Previous studies, surveys, statistical reports
  • My Qualifications – Enthusiasm for the problem and first-hand experience.
  • Conclusion – Summarizes what can be done to improve the affordability of rental housing at UBC.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to your feedback on my proposal.

Sincerely,

Dennis Tianxiang Deng

Enclosure:

Formal Report Proposal : Tianxiang D