Ethan’s Formal report proposal Memo

MEMORANDUM

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 professor
From: Ethan Fung, ENGL 301 student
Date: June 22, 2022
Subject: Summary of my formal report proposal 

The formal report proposal has been posted on the All Stars forum page and is included as a pdf file attached to this memo. Underneath is a summary of the proposal.

• Audience: Dr. Ken Macfarlane, the director of finance and operations of UBC chemistry
  • Introduction: The age of the UBC chemistry building is starting to show and global warming is producing hotter days so air conditioning within the building is needed
  • Statement of the problem: The lack of air conditioning in the UBC chemistry building creates many problems in terms of worker comfort, physical hazards, and irreproducible results
  • Proposed solution: A proposed solution to achieve temperature control is to install multiple air conditioning units within the UBC chemistry building
  • Scope of questions: These questions concern the opinions of staff/students/faculty on climate change, the cost of providing air conditioning to the building, the physical dimensions of UBC chemistry, and possible chemical/physical dangers related to not having temperature control
  • Methods: The study will be carried out through physical measurements of the UBC chemistry building, online surveys, and internet research
  • Qualifications: As a UBC chemistry student and worker I have access to many people and rooms within UBC chemistry which will allow me to proceed with the study
  • Conclusion: summarizes problems of not having air conditioning within UBC chemistry

Thank you for taking the time to read my formal report proposal. If there are any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Formal report proposal