Formal Report Proposal MEMO – Danae

MEMORANDUM

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 professor
From: Danae Echeverria, ENGL 301 student
Date: 22 June 2022
Subject: Summary of Formal Report Proposal for Implementing Retention Strategies to Reduce Employee Burnout and Combat Staffing Shortage at local café, C Market Coffee, in Port Coquitlam, BC.

According to the requirements of the lesson 2.1 assignment, I have posted a proposal for my formal report “Implementing retention strategies to reduce employee burnout and combat staffing shortage at C Market Coffee.” It can be accessed on my team forum Team All-Stars. The word doc is attached below as requested.

My research proposal contains the following:

• Audience Description– Jun Park and Bridgette Hyun, current C Market Coffee employers.
  • Introduction of Topic– Labour shortages in BC affecting local businesses, including C Market Coffee.
  • Statement of Problem– Toxic workplace behavior as a result of staffing shortage; employees experiencing burnout and deterioration of morale.
  • Proposed Solutions– Hiring and retention strategies; attract new hires and improve the well-being of the existing workers.
  • Scope of Questions– Current employee perception of the café, senior staff’s workloads, hiring and training strategies, company assets, and compensation programs.
  • Forms of Primary and Secondary Sources– Workplace observation, surveys, and interviews
  • My Qualifications –Long-term relationship built with the company as a current employee; first-hand experience of the problem and desire to improve the system
  • Conclusion– Summarizes the negative impacts of a staffing shortage at C Market Coffee.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the proposal.

Enclosure: 301 – Danae Echeverria Formal Report Proposal

ENGL 301 – Danae Echeverria Formal Report Proposal