YOU Attitude – Rida (Revised)

MEMORANDUM

To:  Evan Crisp

From:  Rida Irshad, Student ENGL 301 Technical Writing UBC
Date:  July 14th, 2022
Subject: Best Practices for Writing an E-mail

Introduction

Thank you for reaching out to our class. I appreciate the effort that is being exerted to achieve this goal. I understand it can be challenging to get in contact with an instructor with a positive response in such challenging situations. However, the following tips should be helpful when writing a professional email requesting to be accepted in a full capacity class.

Tips for writing a professional email

Format – ensure the email is in proper, plain format (not as HTML).

Include an appropriate subject line for brief description of email.

Professional Tone goes a long way; use proper titles of the reader such as “Dear, Mrs. or Mr.”

Be polite – do not rush the reader by insisting on a timeline. Respect the readers time and avoid personal details in a professional email.

Avoid use of abbreviations. Sign emails with name, title, and contact information.

Conclusion

I wish you all the best with your remaining time at UBC! I hope that you can reach the professor in time and are allowed in the class. Writing a professional email will definitely at least prompt a quick response. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me through email on rida9503@student.ubc.ca

All the best,

Rida Irshad, ENGL 301 Writing Student