Email Memorandum – Formal Report Proposal

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 Instructor <erika.paterson@ubc.ca>

From: Justin Tang, ENGL 301 Student <jtang102@student.ubc.ca>

Date: February 22, 2022

Subject: Summary of Formal Research Proposal – The Feasibility of Implementing Express Lines at Tim Hortons that are located on UBC Vancouver Campus.

I have posted the formal report proposal (The Feasibility of Implementing Express Lines at Tim Hortons that are located on UBC Vancouver Campus) on my team forum Write or Flight as per lesson 2:1. A word doc for both assignments is attached below. The proposal includes the following:

• Introduction: Background on coffee shops at UBC and what causes the problem of long wait times.
  • Audience description: Mangers and Owners of all the Tim Hortons located on UBC Vancouver campus.
  • Statement of problem: Customers
  • Proposed solution: Implement express lines that only serve certain items and have a limit of how much can be ordered
  • Scope of questions: Average wait times, benefits and drawbacks of express lines, average order size.
  • Methods: Interview, survey, and secondary research on the impact of express lines in the food industry.
  • My qualifications: Frequent customer of the coffee shops on campus.
  • Conclusion: An express line at Tim Hortons will improve wait times and customer satisfaction by separating the lines between quick and small orders vs orders that need to be prepared and large orders.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the proposal. I look forward to your feedback.

Enclosed: Formal Report Proposal Justin Tang