Assignment 2.1 – Memorandum for Jade’s Formal Research Proposal

Memorandum

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL301 Professor
From: Jade Duan, ENGL301 Student
Date: February 22, 2023
Subject: Summary of Proposal for Assimilating AI Ethics Awareness into Computer Science Course Projects

According to the requirements of the lesson 2.1 assignment, I have posted my formal report proposal for assimilating AI ethics awareness in computer science course projects on my team forum Amy’s Team. The proposal is also attached at the end of this memorandum as a docx file.

My research proposal contains the following:

• Audience Description – UBC Computer Science department Associate Head of Operations Prof. Steve Wolfman, and the teaching team of CPSC 210.
  • Introduction of Topic – Advocating for AI ethics awareness in computer science course projects
  • Statement of Problem – The lack of educational advocacy for awareness of AI ethics
  • Proposed Solutions – Integrate elements of AI ethics in practice projects of computer science courses
  • Scope of Questions – Students’ willingness, interest and existing moral codes around the topic, and course staff’s workload
  • Forms of Primary and Secondary Sources – Surveys, videos and news about improper usage of AI, and articles on experts’ opinions
  • My Qualifications – Familiarity with both CPSC 210 course syllabus and AI ethics
  • Conclusion – Summarizes the positive long term effects of advocating for AI ethics awareness at UBC

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or need me to revise this proposal. I look forward to reading your feedback.

Enclosure: 301 Jade Duan 2.1 Research Proposal.docx