Email Memorandum: Formal Report Proposal

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 Instructor, <erika.paterson@ubc.ca>

From: Helen Zhou, ENGL 301 Student, <hzhou2@student.ubc.ca>

Date: February 23, 2023

Subject: Formal Report Proposal for Increasing Access and Awareness of the AMS Food Bank for UBC Students

As outlined in lesson 2.1, my formal report proposal has been posted on the team forum, Sangita’s team, and attached below.

The highlights of the formal report proposal includes:

• Introduction on the background of AMS Food Bank initiative at UBC as well as the prevalence of food insecurity among UBC students.
  • Audience description of UBC staff and administrators responsible for food security funding.
  • Statement of problem describing the challenge of food insecurity among students as well as the stigma and lack of awareness.
  • Proposed solution to increase access and awareness of the AMS Food Bank to enhance student wellbeing and reduce the stigma.
  • Scope to evaluate current awareness on the AMS Food Bank and methods to further increase understanding.
  • Methods of conducting a student survey and investigating publications regarding food insecurity and campus food banks.
  • My qualifications of being heavily involved in food security initiatives in my past food and nutrition degree.
  • Conclusion regarding how research on the AMS Food Bank has the potential to increase overall student health and wellbeing.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Attached: 301 Helen Zhou Formal Report Proposal