Assignment 2.1 – Memorandum for Aman’s Formal Research Proposal

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 Instructor, <erika.paterson@ubc.ca>

From: Aman Johal, ENGL 301 Student, <ajohal21@gmail.com>

Date: February 24, 2023

Subject: Release of Formal Report Proposal for Implementing a new RideShare Option on UBC Campus

As outline in lesson 2.1 for ENGL 301, my formal report proposal has been posted on my team forum. You can also view it enclosed with this e-mail.

The highlights of my formal report proposal includes:

• Introduction of the size of UBC campus and the current options of on campus rideshare options
  • Specification as to who this report is directed to and the intended reading audience
  • Problem statement outlining the challenge of crossing campus and making it to class on time and the detrimental effects this can have
  • Proposed solution of using a more accessible rideshare option to promote class attendance and punctuality
  • Scope to evaluate current need and demand for a new ridesharing service, as well as information gathering regarding the issues with the current ridesharing options
  • Methods will be to conduct a student survey, and search for literature and expert opinions on rideshare services in cities/campuses
  • My qualifications rely on being a long-term UBC student who has experienced this problem. In addition, I will leverage my managerial work experience to conduct a full proposal analysis
  • Conclusion summarizes how a lack of convenient ridesharing is preventing punctual class attendance and easy travel across campus

Please let me know if you have any questions about my formal report proposal. I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Enclosed: Formal Report Proposal – Aman Johal