2.1 Email Memorandum

To: Dr. Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 Instructor, <erika.paterson@ubc.ca>

From: Brian Wong, ENGL 301 Student, <briannnw@student.ubc.ca>

Date: February 24, 2023

Subject: Formal Report Proposal for Decreasing Overcrowdedness of IKB and the Nest While Increasing Awareness of Alternate Study Spaces

As outlined in Unit 2 Lesson 1, I have posted my formal report proposal on the team form. I have attached my formal report proposal to this memo, please refer to below for a brief summary:

The formal report proposal includes:

• Introduction: The background of IKB, the Nest, and their popularity as study locations
  • Target audience: Current UBC Students, the AMS Student Services Team, and the UBC Media Team
  • Statement of problem: The overcrowding of IKB and the Nest
  • One proposed solution to the problem above: Advertising of alternative study locations to decrease crowding at IKB and the Nest
  • Scope of questions to assess to feasibility of the project:
  • Forms of Primary and Secondary Research:  UBC student surveys and literature review through secondary data sources such as UBC Blog pages and social media platforms such as Reddit
  • Qualifications: long time student at the UBC Vancouver campus
  • Conclusion: how increasing awareness to alternate study spots and decreasing overcrowdedness will lead to increased health benefits

Please let me know if you require any additional information, you can reach me by email at briannnw@student.ubc.ca

Enclosure: Formal Report Proposal

ENGL 301 Brian Wong Formal Report Proposal