1:3 Peer review by Daniel Kim (The Control-Value Theory of Achievement Emotions)

Peer Review: 

Term: The Control-Value Theory of Achievement Emotions

Definition under Review: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl30199c2022w2/2023/02/05/13-write-three-definitions-miranda-tang/

Thank you for submitting the complex definition assignment. Please review the document.

First Impressions:

You did an excellent job defining your definition. All of the different types of definitions were well-written, clear, and carefully written to help readers understand and gain more profound knowledge about the subject. The organization of the subheadings made the definitions flow easily, and the visual aspect helped conceptualize the definition.

Organization:

• A great introduction to the assignment. The definition is clear, concise, and serves the targeted audience to gain a brief understanding of the definition.
  • One improvement can be made in the “Expanded Definition” section. It would be beneficial to create sub-headings for each paragraph where the definition gets more refined and detailed. As a reader, the sub-headings will allow me to quickly adjust to what I am reading and help me connect all the information more smoothly. 

Expression: 

• The multiple levels of definition are written clearly and concisely, allowing readers within the target audience to gain insight into the definition optimally.
  • To improve the “Expanded Definition” section, I think adding sub-headings will help organize the more complex aspects of the definition. At a glance, it was a bit difficult to follow the direction of the definition and what each paragraph would talk about. 
  • I like the example provided in the “Expanded Definition”; it applies the context and helps give readers a clearer idea of the exact Control-Value Theory of Achievement Emotions and its impact.

Content:

• The content included all the necessary aspects needed for the assignment.
  • It covers all the essential factors to explain The Control-Value Theory of Achievement Emotions and gives readers multiple definitions accordingly.
  • The articles used to reference more detailed facts about The Control-Value Theory of Achievement Emotions complemented the assignment’s structure, flow, and legitimacy.

Visual:

The visual you have chosen clearly represents the flow of the multiple aspects associated with your definition. It also shows the logical intricacies that make it more in-depth and easy to conceptualize. 

Citations/References:

All of the citations look to be well-formed, in alphabetical order, and consistent with the chosen reference style.

Grammar: 

Your parenthetical, sentence, and expanded definitions have minor grammatical issues with misplaced commas and run-on sentences. 

Concluding Remarks: 

Overall, you did a good job giving your targeted readers a clear, accurate, and well-formed definition of The Control-Value Theory of Achievement Emotions. I enjoyed the examples provided as they gave me a visual of how the definition is applied. The picture cemented the information I had in my mind as I read your definitions. Some aspects can be improved by using sub-headings and correcting a few grammatical errors, but it was well done.