Revised Email Memorandum for Formal Report Proposal

To: Professor Erika Paterson, ENGL 301 Instructor

From: Byung-Sun Park, ENGL 301 Student

Date: February 23, 2023

Subject: Proposal for Enhancing Continuous Support for Teaching Assistants at the UBC Department of Computer Science

As you requested in Lesson 2:1, I have posted my Formal Report Proposal on the topic of enhancing continuous support for teaching assistants at the UBC Department of Computer Science.

My formal report proposal includes the following parts:

• Audience Description – Sharon Craddock, Human Resources Manager of the UBC Department of Computer Science
  • Introduction – Enhancing continuous support for teaching assistants at the UBC Department of Computer Science
  • Statement of Problem – Lack of the current departmental resources for teaching assistants
  • Proposed Solution – Implementing one-on-one meeting between teaching assistants and instructors
  • Scope of the proposed study – current problems, benefits of implementing new support methods, etc…
  • Methods – Two surveys: one with current teaching assistants and the other with students
  • My Qualifications – Currently studying Computer Science and working as a teaching assistants at the department.
  • Conclusion – Summarizes the potential benefits of enhancing continuous support for teaching assistants

Thank you for taking the time to review my formal report proposal. I look forward to your feedback.

Enclosure: 301 Byung-Sun Park Formal Report Proposal