2.1 Memo

To: Dr. Erika Paterson

From: Chris Wu

Date: February 24, 2022

Subject: Research Proposal on Addressing Sleep Habits Among UBC Students

I am writing to submit my research proposal for addressing sleep habits among UBC students. The proposal aims to identify the causes and effects of poor sleep habits and the most effective strategies to promote healthy sleep among UBC students.

The proposal outlines the following details:

Introduction: The significance of addressing sleep habits and the purpose of the proposal.

Intended Audience: UBC students, faculty, and staff.

Statement of Problem: The prevalence of poor sleep habits among UBC students and the negative effects on their academic performance, mental health, and well-being.

Proposed Solution: Strategies for promoting healthy sleep habits among UBC students, including education on sleep hygiene, optimizing sleep environment, relaxation techniques, and flexible class schedules.

Scope: Investigating the causes and impact of poor sleep habits among UBC students, analyzing effective strategies for promoting healthy sleep habits.

Methods: Surveys, interviews, and other relevant resources.

Qualifications: UBC student.

Conclusion: This proposal will contribute to the improvement of sleep habits among UBC students, resulting in better academic performance, mental health, and well-being.

I plan to conduct a survey of UBC students to assess their sleep habits and identify the demand for a sleep promotion program.

I am excited to conduct this research and contribute to the improvement of sleep habits among UBC students. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my proposal.

Thank you for your time and consideration.