Memo: Formal Report Draft

To: Junelie Guevarra, ENGL 301 Peer Reviewer
From: Gabriella Generoso, ENGL 301 Student
Date: March 29, 2023
Subject: ENGL 301 Formal Report Draft: Voter Turnout Among First-Year University Students

I have enclosed formal proposal draft for your review. The list below summarizes the contents of the draft.

• Audience: intended for the Event coordinator for the University of British Columbia’s Alma Mater Society (AMS), Mishra Abhiudai.
  • Introduction of Topic: Improving Voter Turnout Among First-Year University Students
  • Statement of Problem: first,  many find the process of voting far too time-consuming and inconvenient; second, there are not enough simplified resources for a non-technical reader (i.e., students who are not well-versed in political terminology)
  • Proposed Solutions: Event, Email or Social Media Posting
  • Scope of Questions: Hinderances and obstacles from voting, and the existing knowledge about Canadian politics
  • Forms of Primary and Secondary Sources: the primary source will be obtained through online surveys among first-year university students to assess the range of quality of resources available to them. Secondary sources will include news articles relating to voting opinions and behaviours among university students
  • My Qualification: as a third-year student at UBC, completing a B.A. in Political Science, I am knowledgeable in Canada’s major political parties, voter turnout, and overall electoral system
  • Conclusion: list of observations, conclusions and recommendations

Thank you for considering my formal report draft for review. Should you have any questions or concerns, kindly reach out through email at ggener@student.ubc.ca.

Encl. Formal Report Draft

Formal Report Draft