Instructor’s Blog

Instructor’s Blog

Hello, and welcome to my Blog. Below this post you will see previous posts from last semester’s class. This is the first Blog for our class.

How to include necessary details

By erikapaterson on April 28, 2023 @8:46 am

Note: There is a tendency to use general nouns: you need to learn to use specific nouns that name the general problem. For example. “The document starts with an introduction and a statement of the problem to provide sufficient information

An excellent Methods section for a Formal Report

By erikapaterson on April 17, 2023 @12:58 pm

Here is an example of a well-handled Methods Section. The Introduction section of a Formal Report always includes a description of the methodology. It is important to remain concise and at the same time provide both details and an explanation.

An Example of an excellent student peer review for a Formal Report Draft

By erikapaterson on April 10, 2023 @11:05 am

A student example of a peer review for a Formal Report Draft Please note: there are no pronouns: I / me/ You / Yours the minimal use of imperative verbs details are provided – in bold in the example below

Details please! Another example

By erikapaterson on March 13, 2023 @7:34 am

Hello 301; As I complete my review of your Peer Reviews for Report Proposals I am finding this persistent error that is the most difficult to learn how to correct. Please take some time to revise your peer reviews and

An example of a Linked-In memo

By erikapaterson on March 10, 2023 @3:07 pm

An example of a Student Linkedin memo. Please note there are no pronouns in this memo and no imperative verbs.   Memorandum ENGL 301 XXX Team From: XXX XXX, ENGL 301 Student Date: March 6, 2023 Subject: Ten Best Practices

Top