Letter of Application

2780 Coleridge Ave

Vancouver, BC V5S3A3

Jan 25, 2023

English 301 Students

University of British Columbia

2329 West Mall

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Subject: Professional Writing Team

Dear Classmates of English 301,

I am writing to all of you, my fellow classmates, because I am interested in applying for a professional writing group for this technical writing class this semester.

As an arts psychology major, I believe that I have developed as a professional writer in the research field. I also have a history in many of the other arts, such as english, asian studies, and history. With my academic background, I have gained lots of experience with writing research papers as well as creative writing.

I have had an extensive background in customer service work. I started as a barista at a cafe at the age of 16 and continued on for over 5 years. I have now started a new customer service job working in the pharmacy, so I have experience with talking to people of all types. Over the past 7 years of working in the customer service industry, I’ve established a strong sense of clear communication skills with others. I’ve also developed advanced people skills and attentiveness. I’m also great with time management, detail orientation and believe in working well with others, especially as a team. There is no doubt that I would effectively accommodate my fellow teammates. I do however, lack in keeping on topic. I am easily distracted and tend to go off track when writing and talking, which may sometimes happen when working on tasks. 

My philosophy is to take your time when doing work, to avoid mistakes and allow room to absorb material. This kind of philosophy is circulated around perfectionism. Although I may seem serious, I am quite calm and collected. I am a people pleaser and just want everyone that I encounter to be happy. 

Thank you for your time and consideration, I hope to hear from you all soon. If you have any questions please reach me at carmancchu@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Carman Chu

Encl: 301 Carman Chu Application Letter