About Me

I am an Environmental Health Officer who have been working in the health sector for 12 years.  My major role is to inspect food premises, swimming pools, and personal service establishments on a regular basis.  In addition, I have to investigate any public health-related complaints and suspected/confirmed outbreaks.  Many people seek their professions or careers as they go through their academic life.  For me, I never thought about being an Officer during my academic year until I graduated from the Food Science Program at UBC.  Jobs related to food science were scarce at that time; and I got introduced to this profession by my classmate.  This profession is continuously changing with new public health issues in the communities or in the World.  I always have to study about them and understand the causative agents and their contributing factors, in order to conduct proper assessments and find the suitable remedies.   This job can be very stressful at times.  Therefore, I love travelling and taking pictures during my down time.

A few years ago, I picked up the hobby of photography as a way to unwind myself.  It allows me to appreciate the beauty of the Mother Nature and to see objects and scenery differently.  In order to take great pictures, I constantly remind myself to stand on different focal points to see the same thing, to choose a different focus and to use creative frames.   Just like my day-to-day work, it requires me to assess issues in various perspectives and to consider different options in order to yield satisfactory outcomes.