Reflection Blog: Le Fin

Standard

Reflection Blog: Le Fin

December 19, 2019

Dear reader,

By the time you are reading this, I am officially finished the course. And what a course it was. I can say this was one of the most grueling and rewarding courses I’ve taken at a university level, and the most grueling part was taking it through distance education. By not having that class time carved out of my schedule, I found myself having days either vastly ahead of schedule or forgetting to that an assignment was due the next day. I would not have changed it for the world though.

As I’ve begun my new job, I produce memos, briefs, and progress reports on the daily and I would not have had any idea of how to execute those documents if it weren’t for this class. I would also like to take this moment to thank my writing teammates Ranjit and Taras for peer-reviewing my work and letting my vastly adjacent education peer review theirs. It has been time to reflect and lean into the fact that technical writing is difficult, thought-provoking, and an exercise in commitment.

In the end, I let out a deep breath knowing that I have grown as a writer and a person because of this course, and anyone who is reading this, I am proud of you too.

Thanks a bunch and merry Christmas,

Morgan Brandt