Unit 3 Reflection Blog

Formal Report Draft

During the process of researching, organizing, and writing the formal report draft on granting Chinese nurses the right to prescribe medication, I learned the importance of paying attention to details. It is crucial to ensure that every aspect of the report is thoroughly researched and organized in a clear and concise manner. I realized that conducting thorough research on the topic is crucial to ensure that the information presented is accurate and relevant. Additionally, it is essential to ensure that the sources used are reliable and trustworthy.

To ensure that the report was well-organized, I created an outline that provided a clear structure for the report. The outline helped me to identify the key areas that needed to be covered and ensured that the report flowed logically. Moreover, it helped me to ensure that all the necessary information was included in the report.

When writing the report, I found it helpful to use simple language and to avoid using technical jargon. This made it easier for readers to understand the report’s contents and ensured that the report was accessible to a broader audience. Additionally, I found that using examples and case studies helped to provide context and make the report more engaging.

One of the challenges I encountered during the process was finding reliable sources of information on the topic. To overcome this challenge, I ensured that the sources used were peer-reviewed journals, academic articles, and reports from reputable organizations. I also used the assistance of Professor Erika Paterson from the University of British Columbia to ensure the quality of the survey used for the report.

Overall, the process of researching, organizing, and writing the formal report draft was a valuable learning experience. It helped me to improve my attention to detail and organizational skills, and I gained valuable insights into the nursing profession in China. The report’s findings could provide evidence-based information for healthcare policymakers to make informed decisions that could improve the quality of care provided to patients in China.

Peer review

As I reflect on the process of researching, organizing, and writing the peer review of Miranda’s formal report draft, I realize how important attention to detail is. To provide a comprehensive review, it was necessary to read the report multiple times, paying attention to the language, structure, and design. It was essential to look for inconsistencies and inaccuracies and provide constructive feedback on how to improve the report.

One thing that stood out was the importance of presenting findings objectively without bias or personal opinion. It is crucial to analyze data and literature thoroughly to provide evidence-based suggestions for improving teaching approaches. Additionally, organizing the report logically, using clear headings and subheadings, helps readers navigate the report with ease.

Another important aspect was to use appropriate language for an academic report, with clear and concise writing style. It was crucial to use references to relevant literature and provide a detailed analysis of the data collected through the online survey. Lastly, the design of the report played a crucial role in enhancing its readability. The use of tables and figures was appropriate and increased the readability of the report.

Overall, this peer review process has taught me the importance of paying attention to detail in writing and the role of constructive feedback in improving the quality of a report.