Welcome!

Hello there!

This is a website created for an end-of-term project for a course called ENGL 470A. The project, called our “group conference” is the culmination of a semester full of uncovering the non-dominant narratives in Canada. The primary focus of this course has been on Indigenous narratives and their silencing throughout Canadian history and in contemporary Canadian literature and society. Our intent has been to decolonize Canadian narratives, and we have looked at a great deal of enlightening and subversive literature that has aided us in doing so. This website was created by Shamina, Christie, Devon and Charlotte; four UBC students who hope to share with you our thoughts on multiculturalism and its manifestations (or lack thereof) in Canadian literature by dissecting and elaborating on the “Us” versus “Them” dichotomy that you can learn more about by reading our annotated bibliography, research dialogue, and general research summary. We hope you enjoy our research and findings, as well as the fruitful dialogue between our group and our classmates!

6 thoughts on “Welcome!

1. Hi guys, congratulations on starting your conference website and getting ready to go at this!

I just wanted to leave you guys a comment regarding perhaps a few changes to make your website easier to manage and operate, especially with the material getting increasingly harder to manage and organize. I love the theme of this website; its simplicity, font and color makes it clean and organized. However, I feel like you guys would benefit greatly from tabs or pages on your website for visitors to choose what they want to look at, when they want to look at it. It makes the reading and accessing of certain material on your website more effective! Perhaps have headings/tabs for certain areas of your website, such as “Our Team” or “Schedule”?

I hope this will make the organization of your material easier to handle as you guys put more cool stuff up on here!

Thanks, and cheers!

– Jeffrey Liu

2. Hi!!

Your website looks great so far!

The only thing I would suggest is the tabs on the left. “Meta”, “Categories” and “Archives” don’t really contribute much to the organization, so it is a little unnecessary to keep them there (unless you do decide to use them).

Qihui Huang