Application letter

Class of English 301

University of British Columbia

2329 West Mall

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

May 30, 2022

peter971217@gmail.com

Dear class of 301,

My name is Peter Yang and I am writing this application letter intended to express my interest in being part of your group for this semester. I believe my expertise and experience will bring a positive contribution to the group.

I will graduate next May with a BA in Psychology. My goal after graduation is to enter Law School and I hope to become an attorney in the future. The school that I hope to attend is Peter Allard School, of Law here at UBC.

I have participated in various volunteer work in the past. For example, I was a program leader for an afterschool care program called Steveston United Peers, which is designed for kids with disabilities to practice social skills. In addition, I also have volunteered as a swim coach at River Club and as a volunteer for my swim club: Richmond Kigoos Swim Club. On top of that, I also have volunteered at various charity events such as the Canadian Cancer Society.

Based on my previous experiences, I think that I am the perfect candidate for your team because of my social skills, my habit of starting assignments early and completing them in a timely manner; my habit of helping people; my habit to help with creating ideas; my habit of helping with some editing, and my habit of checking my email all the time. I, however, sometimes have grammatical errors when I write and sometimes lose focus if I work on something for long durations. Other than that, I believe I am a suitable member of your group. I hope that I receive your message at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Peter Yang

Peter Yang