Biography

Hello everyone!

My name is Peter Yang and I am thrilled to be your classmate this semester. I am currently in my fourth year here at UBC majoring in Psychology.  I am expected to graduate next year with my BA. I transferred to UBC from Kwantlen Polytechnic University in September 2020; in fact, I started at Langara then KPU and now UBC.  In other words, I went to two different schools before coming to UBC. This is because my grades are not high enough for me to go straight into UBC.

In terms of my academic interests, I hope to attend Allard after I graduate from UBC  because I think law school would interesting and that I no longer need to study math again. I hated math growing up and I decided that I will never study math again after Math 11, but as a Psychology student, statistics is a required course for my degree. However, I had several thoughts about my academic career after graduation, for example, I first thought about going into grad school, but I have to write the GRE and there’s a math portion of the GRE and I have to take an advanced statistics class in grad school that is a no. On top of grad school, I thought of becoming a teacher, but I have to take a math course at UBC, so my thoughts of being a teacher is a no. After further thought, I think the law would be the best option.

Apart from academics, I consider myself quite active. For instance, I love swimming and playing basketball and in fact, I used to be on the Provincial team for swimming. In addition to that, I love watching Youtube and NBA. As a matter of fact, I have a Youtube channel myself where I upload music-related content.