Unit 3 Reflection

In Unit 3, we came across to learn about writing according to the “You Attitude” in which we practiced and enhanced our writing skills to adequately respond to a student (named Evan Crisp) seeking advice on how to write to a professor with proper email etiquette. I found Unit 3 the most interesting as we were able to apply technical writing skills towards scenarios that we could potentially experience in the future both academically and professionally.

Assignment 3:1 – English 301 – Writing With You Attitude

Unit 2 Reflection

Hi Team 7,

Throughout unit 2, we explored through technical writing methods pertained towards formal letters and professional networking platforms in order to enhance our skills that goes beyond our personal professional growth. I have found the LinkedIn assignment to be very helpful, as it has guided me towards summarizing my education, work and volunteer experiences in an orderly and professional manner, thereby creating a professional portfolio has allowed me to reflect upon my intellectual skills and knowledge. LinkedIn has also creates a foundation of networking in the professional work, and provides a platform for easing job searching on the internet.

In unit 2, we also learned the importance of writing formal reports, and how analyzing and collecting reliable data is crucial for synthesizing an efficient and effective report. I have appreciated the feedback from Eric on my formal report proposal, and will be using his feedback towards improving on my final report. Overall, unit 2 has provided some insightful writing techniques that have aided and impacted my writing skills towards both my LinkedIn profile that I will be using for the rest of my career going forward, as well as for the ability to write precise and information formal reports as it has been a requirement for my past position working for a crown corporation in British Columbia.

Link to peer review: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2019wa/2019/10/16/peer-review-of-erfan-ahmeds-formal-report-proposal/

ENGL301-Formal-Propsal-Erfan-Ahmed

Assignment 1:3 Reflection Blog

The purpose of the definition’s assignment was to accurately analyze and reflect technical writing skills in a proficient manner that can both be effectively used in academic and professional settings. As mentioned from my previous posts, I tend to thoroughly enjoy researching on various topics, and given the chance to reconnect a term that I use on a daily basis has made me find a way to communicate complex words into a comprehensible form for anybody who has no prior knowledge.

Link of revised definition: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2019wa/2019/10/01/assignment-13-revised-definition-2/

Link of peer review: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2019wa/2019/10/01/peer-review-of-definitions-5/

Team Member Email #3

To:Jason Smith

From: Erfan Ahmed

Date: September 23, 2019

Subject: Invitation to Join ENG 301 Writing Team

Hi Jason,

I am writing to you in regard to your application letter and wanted to take the chance to let you know that I am thoroughly impressed with your previous experiences both academically and professionally, and thereby invite you to collaborate for our team project for the semester. Your experience as a Software Engineer at Tesla has proven your dedication and innate abilities to succeed professionally with hard work.

I believe that an active role in being a part of a team is being highly motivated and taking initiative, as a part of which a team’s success relies on group efforts in task-oriented goals. I also believe that you have demonstrated your learning strategies and outlined both your strengths and weaknesses in a way that will allow us to work collaboratively by providing constructive feedback to each other along the way. I also believe that if we get the chance to work together, we will be able to share our unique knowledge skills, judgement and experiences that will ultimately lead us to the successful completion of our group project. I also benefit from constructive feedback from my work which I use to take advantage of improvement.

Attached below, you will find a copy of my application letter to better guide you through your decision-making. Should you have an interest to collaborate into a team, please do not hesitate to contact me at: erfan@ualberta.ca. I appreciate your kindness and look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Sincerely,

Erfan Ahmed

ENGL301Letter_erfanahmed

Team Member Email #2

To:Eric Chang

From: Erfan Ahmed

Date: September 23, 2019

Hi Eric,

I am writing to you in regard to your application letter and wanted to take the chance to let you know that I am thoroughly impressed with your previous experiences both academically and professionally, and thereby invite you to collaborate for our team project for the semester.

I believe that an active role in being a part of a team is openness and willingness to compromise, both of which I believe that you have demonstrated rom your professional and academic experiences. I also agree that everyone has a different way of learning at their own pace, and that everybody’s collaborative efforts should be fully appreciated. I also believe that if we get the chance to work together, we will be able to our unique knowledge skills, judgement and experiences that will ultimately lead us to the successful completion of our group project. I also benefit from constructive feedback from my work which I use to take advantage of improvement.

Sincerely,

Erfan Ahmed

ENGL301Letter_erfanahmed

Team Member Email #1

To: Morgan Brandt

From: Erfan Ahmed

Date: September 23, 2019

Hi Morgan,

I am writing to you in regards to your application letter, and wanted to take the chance to let you know that I am impressed with your previous experiences in critical and research writing; and feel that you will make a valuable addition to my team as we both share core values and knowledge on analytical research methods.

I believe that an active role in being a part of a team is openness and willingness to compromise, both of which I believe that you have demonstrated rom your professional and academic experiences. As we share common interest in research methods, our different learning strategies will allow us to use multiple skills, judgement and experiences that will ultimately lead us to the successful completion of our group project.

Attached below, you will find a copy of my application letter to better guide you through your decision-making. Should you have a prospective position in your team, please do not hesitate to contact me at: erfan@ualberta.ca. I appreciate your kindness and look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Sincerely,

Erfan Ahmed

ENGL301Letter_erfanahmed

Email Memorandum

To: Dr. Erika Patterson, Instructor of English 301 Section 99A

From: Erfan Ahmed, Student of English 301 Section 99A

Date: September 22, 2019

Subject: Submission of Application Letter

Dear Dr. Erika,

Thank you for your consideration towards fulfilling the position. I have submitted my application letter along with this memorandum. Attached, you will find the full application letter I have posted related to my experience as listed below:

• Professional and academic work experience
  • Strengths in the ability to succeed for this position
  • Willingness to learn and engage in progressing with English 301

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at my email: erfan@ualberta.ca.

ENGL301Letter_erfanahmed

Letter of Application

September 22, 2019

ENGL 301 99A Classmates

The University of British Columbia

2329 West Mall

Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4

Dear ENGL 301 Classmates:

My name is Erfan Ahmed and I am a currently a fourth year Bachelor of Arts Psychology student at the University of British Columbia. I am interested in undertaking a team position with you to enhance and develop my technical writing skills on an interdisciplinary level that will further aid in both personal and professional growth.

An opportunity to work with your team the best place for me to pursue my career goals. Having the ability to choose from a wide array of specializations will help me advance my interests in this diverse field. Moreover, the holistic approach to gaining hands-on experience is something that interests me very much.

As last year student at the University of British Columbia, I am very fortunate to have gained academic excellence, continual peer support and plenty of work experience to prepare me for the next chapter in my future endeavours. I believe that my qualifications, education and professional experience would make me a strong candidate for this role and I firmly believe that my leadership, team-player skills and positive attitude can bring a valuable asset to your team. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about this position and how my experience and skills could help achieve the goals for this position.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application for this position. Should any have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me at erfan@ualberta.ca.

Sincerely,

Erfan Ahmed

ENGL301Letter_erfanahmed

Top