Mid-term evaluations

Hi, below are links to my three favourite blogs: assignment 2:2, my short story on the meaning(s) of “home,” assignment 1:5, my short story on how evil came into this world, and assignment 1:3, on the power of language and words.

I chose my post on language because I felt that I went more in-depth with that topic than any other, and issues of language, cultural genocide, Indigenous erasure, and communication are dear to my heart. I am continuously fascinated with questions of literacy vs orality, the mysteries and riddles of words, and the construction of truth(s) and histories.

I chose my evil story because I was rather happy with how it turned out, and I found I had a lot to say in my commentary on it – I discovered much about the nature of orality and literacy, for example.

I chose my story on “home” because the subject is another I am very fascinated by – ideas of cultural identity, language, belonging, and performative ethnicity.

Assignment 1:3 – the Power of Language | English 372 – Canadian Literature (ubc.ca)

Assignment 1:5 – How Evil Came Into This World | English 372 – Canadian Literature (ubc.ca)

2:2: Home | English 372 – Canadian Literature (ubc.ca)