Daily Archives: November 4, 2012

Freshman Year – Weeks 7 & 8

I’ve been so busy this week, that I’ve had no time to write a blog post until now, so this post will be about the past two weeks! It was the same routine as usual – eat. Sleep. Study. Repeat cycle. But it wasn’t so bad, There were two events this week that I thought would be worth mentioning:

Firstly, I got in the PATH Leadership Program! It’s really chill so far, and the first session was really fun. Our group is really small, so it was a good setting and everyone felt comfortable with each other. It’s only been the first session, but I’m excited about the different things that I’m gonna do in this program and what I’m going to be learning about leadership! So far, all I’ve been hearing from other people I know who have taken the program before is that it’s a really good learning experience, especially if you aspire to be a leader or gain the qualities of one.

Secondly, UBC’s Vancouver Campus held a session here in UBCO about their Pharmacy school. Although my main career focus is to go into Nursing, I told myself that I had to keep myself open to other options while I was still in Sciences. So I decided to check it out, and it was pretty interesting. Pharmacy School is just as competitive as med school and nursing school, maybe even more competitive than the latter. I was planning on taking the PCAT exam in January, but then I realized that I didn’t have enough English credits to even apply anyways. If I don’t get into Nursing School, then maybe next year? 😉

It was Halloween on-campus too! I didn’t really go out in a costume, just cause I didn’t wanna have to spend money to buy one, especially since I’m probably only gonna end up wearing it once. There were events that were held for us living on-campus though, like there was a Harry Potter theme party at the EME, and there was an event called Humans vs. Zombies, which is kinda like a less-intense version of the Sock Wars back at UBC Vancouver. I didn’t have time to participate in the events, though I wish I did! The closest thing that I did to celebrate Halloween on Halloween night is probably watch a scary movie on Halloween night. LOL 😀

The end of October come the start of November (obviously), and I guess people get over Halloween pretty quickly, since the Orchard Park Mall has already put up their Christmas Decorations. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas and I do get in the mood for it, but not as early as more than a month before the actual holiday. But I did get extremely excited when the UBCO Starbucks at Fipke decided to put out the holiday latees – guess who’s going to be at Starbucks drinking a Caramel Brûlée Latte every morning for the next month in a half? (Though I’m pretty sure my meal plan is gonna take a huge hit for it :P)

I have a Biology midterm on Thursday, then a 4 day weekend since there will be no school on Monday and Tuesday next week! So while other people are going back home to Vancouver, I have to be a hermit and study in my room – I have a Math and Physics midterm the day after the long weekend ends. Yup, they’re on the same day. One hour apart from each other. Hooray :’(

By the way, expect a lot of Taylor Swift songs for songs for the week – I recently bought RED (her latest album) and it’s been on replay for a while now.

SONGS OF THE WEEK(S): Extra songs since it’s for 2 weeks!
Missing – Ayumi Hamasaki

Song 4 u – Ayumi Hamasaki

Damage – Namie Amuro

UZA – AKB48

Come Back…Be Here – Taylor Swift

Red – Taylor Swift

The Moment I Knew – Taylor Swift

State of Grace (Acoustic Version) – Taylor Swift