Angela’s HDLT presentation

Here is my muse for my human learning and development theory.  My daughter is my reminder of what it’s like to be a child again.  I noticed there were various ways to theorize the HDT (student, human, child, etc) and I connected the most with a children development theory.

I used Toontastic to describe my HDLT and found it easy to use but also a bit limited in terms of how many scenes I could add.  After watching the video, I noticed I have a few longer pauses because I can’t multi-task in the video.  It’s hard to manipulate the puppet and talk at the same time.  Please enjoy!

I did not address my reflection on my growth in the presentation, so similar to Sharissa, I have added it here.  I really enjoyed Shawna’s challenge for us to look through the lens of an anthropologist.  I feel I should use this idea more often to get a better idea and understanding of some of my students.  Throughout the course, I found I reflected a lot on my practice and connected with the three main theories we covered.  I observed that I start the year (and some activities later on in the year) with a behaviorist approach.  I then find I focus on cognitive activities, followed by a constructivist approach with learner-centered activities.  Currently my two new favorite theorists are Piaget and Bronfenbrenner.  I appreciate the logical progression in Piaget’s theory of development and I am attracted to the diagram of Bronfenbrenner’s bio-ecological model of child development.

https://youtu.be/dkz7BAgQjpA

This entry was posted in Final Class. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Angela’s HDLT presentation

1. Sharissa Desrochers says:

Love this! I love how you center your presentation around your daughter. I mean, your whole world revolves around her, right?! I love your play on the elevator pitch at the beginning cute. My husband is an elevator mechanic and he told me that my presentation wasn’t any good because no elevator should take 2 mins. So, having said that, I think you’d win his approval since yours is under 2 mins!

Great tie between theory and your real life, love love love it! Have a great break : )

2. simon kwok says:

Hey Angela,

I really like how you explain your HDLT through the lens of a parent, which is something that I think I’m missing on mine. The amount of insight that you provided definitely have me convinced if I have never taken the course.

Have a great break!

3. irendeep braich says:

Angela, I loved your presentation! It’s so creative and engaging! I really enjoyed and appreciated the parenting perspective you took on development and learning.

Well done on connecting the theories and perspectives we examined in this course to your daughter’s past, present and future development and learning – both in and outside of the classroom.

Like Sharissa, I enjoyed and laughed at your cartoon figure climbing the Empire State Building. You make a beautiful Godzilla 🙂 Great presentation, Angela!