Cherie Nagra Final Class Powtoon!

I feel I should write a bit here.  I spent about 7 hours on this powtoon.  It’s my first go with this presentation software, so I had to learn (don’t ask me why I chose to pick something new to try now…)

Anyhow, in my first iteration of the HDLT, I felt it was really succinct and captured everything I wanted to say.  After we learned more, my second iteration felt a bit hollow and I received lots of feedback saying that people couldn’t hear “me” in the report.

So for my final HDLT, I went back to my roots with Tribes and I reintegrated MY beliefs into MY HDLT.  Although challenging, I think the process of writing three versions really helped me process my understanding and helped me clarify what I believe.

Thank you Shawna and cohort members, to help me learn more about myself and to be the anthropologist for my practice.

This entry was posted in Final Class. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Cherie Nagra Final Class Powtoon!

1. robyn evans says:

HI Cherie,

Great job with your Powtoon! It looks amazing. I can definitely hear your voice in here. I like how you outlined the major theories and then analyzed what they look like in practice to you. This is specific information and provides clear evidence that you know your stuff!

I love that you highlight the importance of social learning and that we are always better off when learning with others than on our own.

This is a great summary of your HDLT and theoretical framework. Well done!
    Robyn

2. kaitlin cobleigh says:

I am commenting on Cherie’s

3. kaitlin cobleigh says:

Hi Cherie,
    Great job on your presentation! I have never used PowToon and I think it is a great platform to express your ideas clearly and in an aesthetically pleasing way. I really liked that you related it to your own practice. I have only ever seen Tribes done in an elementary classroom so it is great to see it working so well at the high school level. I also thought that was a great connection between Vygotsky’s emphasis on the interactions of the learner with their environment and community and the Tribes philosophy as the building of community and cooperative learning is the fundamental base of that program.

After watching this video I felt that I could hear your voice (loved the hashtags at the beginning!) and it felt like a really personal presentation and how you connected this course to your own teaching.

If I could suggest anything to add: In terms of constructivism and the importance of learning from others you could talk about cultural tools (language) and what this looks like in your own classroom.

Thats all, great job Cherie!!!! 🙂