Todd’s HDLT comic

hdlt-comic-2

This entry was posted in Final Class. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Todd’s HDLT comic

1. robyn evans says:

Todd,

Love your comic. It’s refreshing to see it in real world application (i.e. a real student vs. cartoon) – somehow allows it to seem real rather than a fictional scenario. What program did you use for this?

I really like the concrete example of your HDLT in practice. I could see many links to the Core Competencies (thinking, communication, self-awareness, etc.). As well it was great to see Jessica’s resilience as she persevered through tasks.

Overall, an excellent job! Love the creativity and execution of putting your HDLT into an effective “elevator pitch”! Well done.

Robyn

2. Sharissa Desrochers says:

Great comic Todd! Bonus points because she’s learning woodworking!!!!!

I love how you’ve embedded so much into such a short but succinct comic. My husband is an elevator mechanic and he told me that my presentation wasn’t any good because no elevator should take 2 mins. So, having said that, great elevator pitch, because I read your comic in under a minute!

I especially like your specific feedback at the end of the comic, you are praising her in all the right ways! How motivating!

Great comic, I love it, have an awesome break!

3. cherie nagra says:

Hi Todd,
    I love that you did a comic. It’s very challenging to get everything into 6 scenes and tell a story, so kudos for a job well done with that! I love that you took the perspective of the learner. By integrating the theories that we’ve learned in class in such a practical way through the thought processes of a student is a neat way to look at things. I picked up on the motivation piece, which is really strong in your comic.
    Overall, well done!